365- Fire or Flame
I learned a few things as I studied this shot and I’d like to share them with you, maybe it will help you in your pursuit of the perfect shot.
1. I have a lot more to learn and here’s why….
2. Although I had my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 to help with lighting that wide open aperture doesn’t help if you want sharpness throughout the subject. Next time I take the tripod out of the car and stop it down to at least f11 or more to get all the car in focus.
3. If you have a busy background, wait for cars and people to move so they’re out of the shot leaving less distractions. Next time I’ll be more patient. (Suuuure!)
4. If I had put on my polarizer, the reflections on these beautiful cars would be less pronounced producing less distractions.
5. Lightroom and Photoshop can only help so much if the product out of the camera is not what you want. I need to get it right in the field.
Writing this will hopefully help others and make me remember to do this next time in the field. If you would like to add to these please do!
BTW this was abolutely my favorite car in the show!